This post is in response to Heena Rathore P.’s Word of the Week (WOW). This weekly meme is a great way of improving your vocabulary. If you wish to participate, simply create a post with your word and leave a link in a comment on Heena’s WOW post.
Here’s my WOW for this week:
Part of Speech
Noun – histrionics
Adverb – histrionically
1) Of or relating to actors or acting
1) (plural) melodramatic displays of temperament
2) (Theatre) (plural, functioning as singular) dramatics
) meaning ) +
Use in a Sentence
1) Joseph Barclay’s histrionic performance was the biggest disappointment of the night, his overdone portrayal of .
2) After the recent histrionics Jemima was happy to return to a calmer way of life.
3) With Mother screeching histrionically in the upstairs room, Abigail knew she could not stay even a minute longer.
If you want to discover more great words then visit Heena’s page Word Treasure.