Here’s my entry for January week 2 of Robyn’s One Four Challenge, which asks you to edit the same picture in four different ways over a month.
For this week’s edit I used the online photo-edit site, PicMonkey. I increased both shadows and highlights before desaturating the picture to full black and white. To finish off, I also darkened the edges.
If you’d like to see last week’s edit, go here.
I’d love to know what everyone thinks.
I thought I’d also pass on a few little facts I’ve discovered about ink caps that I’ve discovered this week.
- They are actually mushrooms, not toadstools, as they are (generally) edible.
- To be eaten they should be picked when the gills are white.
- They should not be consumed within three days of alcohol as the combination has an adverse affect, including: reddening of the face, nausea, vomiting, malaise, agitation and tingling limbs. At its very worst it can cause heart attacks. This led to the common name of Tippler’s Bane.
- It has a completely non-poisonous cousin, the shaggy ink cap.
- It is very strong, able to push its way even through asphalt.
I’ll have a few more facts about ink caps next week!