This post is in response to Heena Rathore P.’s Word of the Week (WOW). This weekly meme is a great way of improving your vocabulary. If you wish to participate, simply create a post with your word and leave a link in a comment on Heena’s WOW post.
Here’s my WOW for this week:
Part of Speech
1) a feeling of joy or exultation.
2) a joyful or festive celebration.
3) the act of rejoicing or jubilating.
1) ecstasy, elation, excitement, exultation, joy, jubilance, jubilancy, merriment, triumph,
2) celebration, festivity, jamboree, jubilee, revels
3) exultation, merrymaking, rejoicing, revelry
1350–1400; Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Latin jūbilātiō wild shouting =jūbilā(re)
Use in a Sentence
1) With the long summer holiday stretching ahead of them, the children were overflowing with jubilation.
2) There was jubilation throughout the land as the news spread.
3) They laughed in jubilation as they received the positive response they’d been hoping for.
If you want to discover more great words then visit Heena’s page Word Treasure.
Colette O'Neill... Environmentalist, Author, Publisher, Photographer. Creator of Goddess Permaculture.
Creating a Meaningful Life
Exploring our connection to the wider world
Wrangling literary arts for writers: words for people!
watching the world of brain research